Thursday, July 8, 2010

Research

I did a little research, well, maybe alot. Learning how to take care of natural hair isn't much different than taking care of relaxed hair...shampoo, condition, moisturize. I think I can keep up.

A lot of my findings mention the difference from natural products and products with chemicals. I guess just like reading labels on food goes the same way as reading labels for hair products. Now, I have never been a "product junkie" and I hope I don't become one. With my relaxed hair, I really didn't care what type of shampoo/conditioner I used, just as long as my hair was clean. When I had my last perm in December, I purchased Design hair products which I am currently using, but I used all of the conditioner. I like the Design products, but I think I will try something else towards the more natural products. I was introduced to Miss Jessie products and now that Miss Jessie is available in Target, I thought I would give it a try, but the cost was a bit more than what I wanted to spend. While looking at all of the other "natural products" that were available, I decided to purchase Shea Moisture conditioner. I love it! It's a cream conditioner that can be left on from 5 to 30 minutes. Depending on my time, I try to leave it on at least 20 minutes. When I wash it out, my hair is not tangled and combs out easy.

So here is what I do:

Wash hair every 2-3 days depending on my workout schedule.
Use Design shampoo products
Use Shea Moisture conditioner.
Wet hair, gel back.

Next step: my search for a leave in conditioner. Still thinking about the "big chop".

No comments:

Post a Comment