Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Today is the Day











Today I have made the final decision to go natural! My last perm was December of 2009. During this time, I went to the gym three days a week, taking two classes per day. Not only was it breaking because I was to tired to keep it washed, I was trying to keep my life together with a 1 and a 2 year all while my husband was deployed to Iraq for the second time. While not following a healthy regiment of taking care of my hair, so I decided to get micro braids (bad decision). While I loved the get up and go, I didn't have to do anything, but keep my scalp cleaned. After 3 months of micros, it was time to take them out. Once again, not following the rules, I had 3 huge matted sections of hair. At this time, I just wanted to cut it out and start all over again, but with the encouragement of my aunt and baby oil, 2 of the 3 sections where saved. My master plan began to take effect.

After loosing 25 pounds, I felt better about myself and started thinking what would be a good way to continue my healthy lifestyle...GO NATURAL! My 2 hairstyles of choice with out a perm where wash and go gel back with a synthetic bun or a track pony tail.

Now my choice of hairstyle is still a wash and go gel back, but since I have about 3 and 1/2 inches of new growth, my synthetic bun doesn't look right, so I use a kinky twist braid section to wrap around my little ball of hair along with a cute hair accessory piece. I still where a track pony tail, but with so much new growth, it doesn't look right.

My next thought...the big chop.









Me on the left with my last perm, Dec 09




































No comments:

Post a Comment